Wednesday, May 17, 2006

How much yarn have I used?

I decided to see if I could tell how much yarn I have used since the KAL began. I started with an 8 oz skein of Tencel which contains approximately 1600 yards. Margaret gave me the idea to weigh the remaining ball of Tencel, so I got out the digital postal scale, and weighed the ball-7.2 oz left. That means that I have only used .8 oz since I started knitting the shawl! I think I have a ways to go. Margaret said she is going to stop when there is 3 oz left. I'd better go grab those needles!
Still loving every minute!
Sue J.

2 Comments:

Blogger Margaret Pittman/Heritage Yarns said...

Sue, you will not be alone. I probably have 7.9 oz. left. lol

So glad you are enjoying the KAL. I will be enjoying it more after this evening as I finally found my mistake!

Margaret

6:30 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Falstaff said...

I'm going to keep going until I Run Out Of Yarn (or Patience). Right now I am working on a prayer shawl for my mum, who is undergoing tests for cancer, so I'm not progressing very quickly on this one.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home