Sunday, May 14, 2006

Wedding Shawl progress....

I've made a little progress on the shawl, despite having visited the frog pond a couple of nights ago. It is now about 5 feet wide across the top. It has a soft and delicate look to it, I hope Tina likes it as much as I do. I may just have it done in time for the shower in a few weeks! And I got most of the wedding invitations printed, envelopes stuffed and in the mail on Friday, does this mean more time for knitting?



The B&B shawl is a bit smaller, about 4 feet across. In order to get the wedding shawl done, I've stopped working on the B&B shawl, except when Tina is here and I have to hide the other one.. *G* It is so pretty!

I'm thinking ahead to blocking.. Any tips on what's the best way to go about it to avoid pin marks?

7 Comments:

Blogger Sue J. said...

Stunning, Eve! Just a beautiful job!
Sue J.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

Lovely, Eve, and don't worry - your secret is safe with us (grin) - we won't tell Tina what you are up to!

Hugs,
Cary

8:40 PM  
Blogger fiberfanatic said...

Eve,

One way to avoid blocking marks would be to thread either blocking wires, nylon thread, or a cotton thread through the edges, and then pin THAT out. You will then avoid the problem. I am guessing that you don't have the blocking wires. So, before you block it, using a darning needle. run a smooth thread longer than you plan to block it out along the straight edges as if you were planning to gather it. Wash your shawl. Pin the ends of the threads tight. Measure the center of those threads. Now start stretching your shawl into place. Make sure that when you stretch one side you strech the other.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Wow Eve, you are fast! :o) It is looking gorgeous! I'm at about the same point as you...the spot where it takes longer and longer and longer! LOL I know Tina is going to love this.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Margaret Pittman/Heritage Yarns said...

Nice, Eve and amazing that you have been knitting two shawls and even had time to visit the frog pond. lol

Margaret

10:44 PM  
Blogger Eve/Divine Fibers & Yarn said...

Thanks for the compliments and tips.

I didn't think I was a fast knitter, but I don't feel like I've spent a lot of time on the shawls and so I must be pretty fast.. or just determined.. *G*

I'm now at the point where the rows are taking longer to complete, so it's not going as fast.

My visit to the frog pond was not a fun time. Once the rows get long, it takes a while to do the rows over.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Falstaff said...

I'm far enough along now that if you couldn't see it from a galloping horse, I ain't rippin'.

Kate

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home