Sunday, May 14, 2006

Cary's Progress

Here is a picture of my progress, although you can't really tell there has been much progress ;D I am actually on my third repeat of Chart B.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I did as Margaret suggested and went up in needle size. I went up to a size 8 from a size 6 and this is really an embroidery thread size yarn! I still don't have the stitch definition I would really like and know this is going to require some pretty extrememe blocking at the end. Still, I think I am happy with it. It reminds me very much in look and feel of some of the Orenburg lace shawls I have, so I have hope! I may stop when it reaches scarf size and start another with a different yarn.

I am enjoying the pattern and the company I am knitting in here at this group. The peace of starting out with prayers for loved ones make it such a special project!

And Happy Mothers Day to all who will be celebrating today!

Hugs,
Cary at Serenity Farms

6 Comments:

Blogger Lark said...

Cary,

Your work is lovely, as is your yarn color. What a wonderfully mindful way to create a thing of beauty and grace--by praying for a friend in need. Awesome!

Lark

8:39 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Cary, this yarn looks beautiful and I think it would be lovely as a scarf, but lovely as a shawl too. Have you stretched it out with your fingers like you would to block? That is what I did with my photos to see the stitch definition. That would give you an idea if you are getting the look you want or not.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Falstaff said...

You could also just block what you've got so far and see if you like it. Just leave it on the needles, pin it out, spray it lightly with water and leave it overnight.

Kate

1:15 PM  
Blogger fiberfanatic said...

Cary, I think when this is blocked it is going to be exquisite. Think really dressy shawl.

On this one, I'd dunk it in hot soapy water, let it soak, then to into rinse water of the same temp, roll in a towel, then try blocking it with pins while on the needle. I think you are going to be amazed by the stitch definition you get. Just not enough room where it is to show off!

Mary

4:22 PM  
Blogger Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

Thank you everyone for the comments and suggestions ;) I did block it out as Mary suggested when I was just through chart A and chart B one time. That is when I decided to go up in needle size (grin). I really do love how it feels now...wasn't sure at first. But I have had this handspun yarn in my stash for such a long time waiting for a special project and determined to have this be it!

Thanks again, you guys, you are great encouragers!!! Hugs, Cary

8:36 PM  
Blogger Margaret Pittman/Heritage Yarns said...

Cary, it is looking gorgeous. Very nice job and think your stitches will really pop out when blocked.

Hugs,
Margaret

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home