Monday, May 15, 2006

Second repeat of Chart B

Hello everyone,

I hope that you all enjoyed the Mother's Day holiday. My teenage daughter made me cinnamon rolls from her copy of The Bread Baker's Apprentice. They were delicious and a real surprise!

I have finally made it through Chart B. I'm finding the pattern really enjoyable now that I have the rhythm down. It does actually feel like I have to knit in a certain zone. I don't know if I've always been this way, or if it is just since my surgery. I am having a hard time putting together an hour of concentrated focus on anything these days. Major body work seems to take a toll on your head too....

Anyway, I have a simple never-done-lace before question about Chart B repeating. From here on out, I am basically just supposed to keep adding to the edges, right? I mean, the shawl grows from the edges out, correct?

Thanks for all the support of this blog. I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's shawls.

Lark

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

I think you keep having more and more repeats of the center as your stitches grow. Just do the edges like the chart and repeat the center stitches as needed. That is what I did.

Nancy

7:34 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Yes, but it grows from the edges out-ie the new partial repeats are on the edges.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home