Thursday, May 04, 2006

Elegantly Simple Triangular Shawl Knitalong

Further Adventures With Chart A

Discovery number one: In row 21, the yarn overs do not go all the way across the shawl. I discovered this as I finished row 23. I did not have a lifeline.

Discovery number two: As I yanked my needles out of the shawl and started to rip, I noticed that cloud 9 sticks to itself. So, I very carefully ripped back to row 21 and was able to get my needles back in. Woo Hoo. There will be a lifeline at the end of chart A

Discovery number three: You can leave the pattern in the page protector, and colour in each line of the chart with a wax crayon as you work it. The wax crayon comes right off again with a baby wipe. (Can you tell that I am a Mother Of Small Children?)

Discovery number four: Working on a lace shawl when a thirteen month old and a three year old want attention at the same time is unwise.

The three year old is hanging out with his older brother, and the one year old is asleep. I think I will go knit with my beeeeyoutifullll yarn now.

Kate, who is having a lot of fun playing with all the pretty font colours. (That's colours with a u)

3 Comments:

Blogger Margaret Pittman/Heritage Yarns said...

Some clever points, Kate! I wonder if one of the dry erase pens will work. I have some of those.

Glad you discovered that "grabbing" tendency of Cloud 9. That's a positive thing with lace.

Margaret

8:34 PM  
Blogger fiberfanatic said...

I'm jealous. I had a stitch in Cloud 9 that took off and "ran away, ran away!"

I'm glad that you are learning some great tips to share with us!

Mary

9:53 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Falstaff said...

Unless you have a "write on" page protector, I think the dry erase markers might smudge. I'd be careful at first.

Kate

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home