Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Things I have learned during the first two days of the KAL: Not using Addi Turbos for lace knitting with Tencel is absolutely correct. The yarn slides right off. Using a bamboo circular is necessary, but proper joining of the cable to the bamboo is key. Can you tell that I am on my third circular needle? Finally found the right one-Takumi 29" is working like a dream. Hope I spelled that correctly.

Tencel is one of the nicest yarns I have ever worked with. Trusting the pattern is also correct. Had I not trusted that I could move from Chart A to Chart B with no trouble, I would have started over several times. But it is amazing how the whole thing comes together every time I transition from one chart to the next. And adding a lifeline every few rows is a must.

The most important thing I have developed is the confidence to do this beautiful knitting. I can read a chart, and I can work with such fine yarn. And it is a joy.

Loving every minute of this KAL,
Sue J.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sue J. said...

Janet,

I am using size 5, and it seems to be working for me. What yarn are you using?

Sue J.
Janesville, WI

6:50 PM  
Blogger Margaret Pittman/Heritage Yarns said...

Thanks so much, Sue. Glad you are enjoying it. I am too! I'm looking forward to picking up the needles tonight.

Margaret

7:22 PM  
Blogger fiberfanatic said...

I'm thrilled that you have developed the confidence to do this! YOU GO! YAY!!!!!!!

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home