Friday, April 28, 2006

Tha yarn is dyed & I've begun....

Okay...I finally dyed the yarn for this shawl on Wednesday. It's Merino laceweight from Knit Picks. It's not as bright as I had hoped(only because I forgot the vinegar...duh!), but this colorway is really growing on me. Below is the yarn wound into a ball and I've completed up to Row 7. My only knitting time for this is at night, when I have no interruptions...so this will be a little slow going until I get the hang of the pattern. THANK YOU...to whoever posted about the lifeline technique...I've never heard of this, but will be using it in this project!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sue J. said...

Your yarn is sumptuous, Amanda. I agree it will make a lovely shawl. I've discovered that lighter colored yarns seem to make the pattern stand out more. I'm starting over with something in pastels, like yours. Thanks for the picture. It has changed my course.

4:55 AM  
Blogger Eve/Divine Fibers & Yarn said...

I agree, the color will be just perfect for the shawl. I also find that lighter colors make a lace pattern stand out more than the dark colors.. which doesn't explain why I've chosen something very bright for one of mine. *G*

5:48 AM  
Blogger fiberfanatic said...

very pretty! enjoy!

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda, I just looked at your yarn - it is beautiful! I'm a pastel person and love your colors. Dale - uh-oh, I hope it doesn't mean anything that the letters r-i-p were in my secret word to sign in : )

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home