Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Dog Blast It!

My Shawl has met a Dogged End! I put it down for a moment, walked away, and our Grand-Dog (we are visiting our son, his wife and their dog) got a hold of it. I came back to a knitted disaster. It has been chewed to bits. There isn't any of the yarn that is recoverable. The needles, luckily, were not chewed. I didn't get all the ring markers back.

Unfortunately, the mood in the house is that it is all my fault. I should have known better. There is no sympathy whatsoever. There have have been a lot of chuckles as to the possible use of the chewed item.

I'll start again ... tomorrow. Today is a day to look at the dog and think rude thoughts. I'm going to be knitting in the room that is off limits to him. After all, I was knitting about 4 stitches, then throwing his ball. Couldn't he have appreciated that?

3 Comments:

Blogger Eve/Divine Fibers & Yarn said...

Is there enough left to make your shawl?

I think I can write a book about things the dogs have managed to reach even though they are only about a foot tall... a Bible, a dog training book (the clerk at the library laughed so hard when she saw the book, that she didn't charge me for it), my epipen which rolled off my desk (amazingly the dog lived, the Vet and allergist were not amused)... the list is long. The biggest trouble maker here is Tara aka Tara The Twirp aka Tara The Terror. She has a real fiber fetish. She once managed to reach a bag of raw alpaca stored on a shelf, tore a hole in the bag and made a wonderful carpet to roll in. I was not happy. She drools when she sees yarn close enough for her to reach. Needless to say she is not allowed in rooms where I keep fiber and knitting unless I am in the room with her. They like to keep us on our toes!

10:04 AM  
Blogger fiberfanatic said...

Luckily there is enough to make the shawl, or I would have been even more...upset.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Margaret Pittman/Heritage Yarns said...

Mary, this is so funny! The subject could be "The dog age my homework!" :D

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home