Monday, May 01, 2006

Hurray! Off and running

I am really enjoying reading the posts and seeing the photos already for this knit along. I "officially" started my shawl this morning (May 1) and worked through Chart A. After sampling with various yarns and needle sizes (I just could NOT find one I really was happy with!) I feel like I have Chart A memorized ;) Then, yesterday afternoon, I found the perfect match from my stash. I had some handspun, laceweight, lovely dyed Alpaca yarn tucked away for a special project and I love the look. I have my yarn - laceweight and on size 6 needles

There are a group of us making this shawl and praying as we go for a dear friend who is facing some big health problems. So as we knit, we are praying for her and her family ;) When I found this alpaca, I knew it was the yarn. It had been gifted to me by a fellow fiber artist who had recently beat breast cancer. Then, it was spun for me by a very dear friend into a beautiful yarn. I had tucked it away, knowing it needed to be made into something memorable.

One problem - ugh - I forgot to write down how many yards of the yarn I have! It is at least 350, so I know I have enough to at least complete the scarf version of the pattern.

So...with prayers for Dale and with special thanks to Margaret, Mary and Jackie for this knit a long - I begin! I will try to get a photo soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home