Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Simple Triangular Shawl Knitalong

Sue, you are right about tencel needing a bamboo or wooden needle. I am using Clover; the points are not as sharp as I would like but it's working and am lacing in lifelines prior to every pattern row. Takes a little extra time but is worth it in the long run.

Janet, if you are knitting with Cloud 9, the suggested gauge on the label is for stockinette. Lace needs a needle a couple of sizes larger in order for the pattern to open up. Start with a 7-8 U.S. and I think you will like the results.

Marcie, I am painting Bird of Paradise tomorrow. If you'd like to see how it knits up, scroll down toward the bottom of the page and you will see this shawl knitted in Bird of Paradise Cloud 9. They are stunning flowers, aren't they? I was inspired by ones I saw growing out by a pool in St. Petersburg, FL. I had only ever seen them cut at a florist.

Margaret

1 Comments:

Blogger fiberfanatic said...

Margaret,

Clover needles are resin impregnated, you might try sanding them to a sharper point. Smooth it so the yarn doesn't catch!

Mary

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home