Monday, June 05, 2006

knitting a new life

Well ladies, I have not knit but one row since my last post. How pathetic is that? Indefensible, I know. The cause of my neglect can be placed on no other shoulders but my own, because I do ultimately choose how to spend my time.

However, indulge me a little. I met a tall, handsome, kind, sweet, loving, intelligent, spiritual, handy, stable, good with my kids man at Bible study almost to the day of my last post. And since then, I have become like a 17 year old again. Giddy and silly, trying to take myself sternly in hand and evaluate with unsympathetic eyes his potential as a future mate, but alas, to no avail....

I am in love! He is new to the area and asked me to look for a house for him to fix up and sell, but then in the same breath he tells me he wants to still have time for me and the girls and is worried that a fixer upper may put a strain on us. Did I mention thoughtful too? Ah well....

The other shawls posted here have been calling to me. Today, I am committed to at least three rows on this lovely, lace-knitting addictive shawl. Really, I will. Honest, I promise. Yes, I will. Really. Truly.

Sigh.

Lark

8 Comments:

Blogger bcat said...

Well the knitting can sit!----this is way more important---and way more fun. Let us know how things continue. Love is grand!

(BTW--my daughter's middle name is Lark)

2:51 PM  
Blogger Lark said...

thanks for the support...don't know how it got to be June...love the hat!? in your picture. Is that your creation? Tell me more...

7:23 AM  
Blogger Eve/Divine Fibers & Yarn said...

Aw... how sweet... we understand!

2:35 PM  
Blogger bcat said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:01 AM  
Blogger bcat said...

Lark---the hat isn't mine, but an antique Chinese child's cap called a tiger hat. In the old days, since infant mortality was so very high, very young children would wear them (and often the embroidered symbols are significant good luck things) to disguise the child and to trick the malign spirits into thinking that this was a fierce tiger baby and not a vulnerable little one.

I love these things, the workmanship and the stories behind them!

(Sorry for the previous note---removed it for editing---darn typos!!!)

12:07 AM  
Blogger Lark said...

taking my youngest daaughter to chinatown in San Francisco with my new love in two weeks. Then we are off to Monterey for the oldest to see the defense language institute she is interested in attending. Not to worry about virtue, we have modest accomodations because I value my daughters' complete education and that means watch Mom's behavior and model it. this trip will cement our love or prove it false...

10:23 AM  
Blogger fiberfanatic said...

Lark,

The shawl will wait, and we will still be here. We care. Take it easy, find out what is important to you, and knit when you can.

Mary

10:57 AM  
Blogger Margaret Pittman/Heritage Yarns said...

Lark, best wishes with your new fellow. I hope he proves to be worthy of your love. You may want to knit just a little around him and show him your stash so he knows what's ahead.

Margaret

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home