Saturday, May 27, 2006

Forever.......

It seems to be taking forever to get through Chart B these days---and I don't think my shawl is that big---yet! Best as I can tell it is about 62" wide. I'm thinking I'll try perhaps 2 more repeats of Chart B and see where we are. I'd like something pretty cozy and enveloping---probably more of a curl up at home type of shawl.

I still love the colorway! It is really quite soothing to work with. Contrary to the appearance of my previously posted photo it is not in the purpley/red range---but rather in the rust, brown and beige with a hint of green in those brownish spots. It reminds me of the forest floor on a beautiful sun filled Autumn day, with the sun filtering through oak trees. I can almost sense the textures of the woods as I work on it.

At any rate, I'm oddly anxious to be done. I think I just want to really see how this turns out.

Now what would truly make me happy would be to find a studio with huge flat spaces for blocking these things. Then I could bring my large wet woollies and work comfortably in a place dedicated to blocking. I truly hate the makeshift qualities of my current system. Although I own two blocking boards they still aren't quite large enough. DH works nights so someone is always in bed so that idea is out. Crawling about on the floor is soooo not my thing now that I have crummy knees, etc. Oh well...

Hey---what is our next KAL going to be????????????


4 Comments:

Blogger fiberfanatic said...

Why not fold it in half and block it that way? Block the bottom half, and then block the top half over the bottom? You are going to take up half the space, which may work for you.

Also, think about spaces you may have available. Do you belong to a house of worship with carpets? Ask if you can block it there. I've done that. I also brought a large afghan into work and blocked it (with permission) just after everyone left for the weekend. I came in early Monday morning, removed the pins, and picked it up. Ta-dah! It was ready to go. The price of that? It had to be displayed that day for everyone to see. Such a sacrifice. LOL

Um, it helps to be known as excentric because I knit.

Mary

6:00 PM  
Blogger Margaret Pittman/Heritage Yarns said...

Ah, Darinka! Stay tuned for the next knitalong. It's a surprise - but little hint. It's from HeartStrings and Ithink you will like it. Now, how's that for teasing? lol

Margaret

6:46 PM  
Blogger bcat said...

Oh Magaret, puleeeeze more hints!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear what you guys have up your sleeves.

Yummy

11:40 PM  
Blogger bcat said...

The folding in half trick is exactly what I am going to do tomorrow when I block the Fiddlestick Creatures of the Reef that has been finished for sometime (but now I need it for a gift.) Tee hee.

Floors in other places don't work because my crawling around abilities aren't what they used to be.

But I am so glad you have tips!!!!!! Keep 'em coming.

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home