Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Poor Photos of Beautiful Yarn-Sorry


I've taken a photo (or two or three!) of my work, but can't seem to get a good representation of the color. (No wonder I'm looking for a new digital camera---but that is another story. However, I'll gladly take suggestions for brands and models from you experienced folks.) I finally had to turn off the flash so there would be an accurate representation of the color and the trade off is the slight out of focus quality at the top.

C'est La Vie....here it is.
I'm probably on my 5th or 6th repeat of Chart B.

I love it and I love the feel of the yarn as it moves through my hands while knitting. What more can a person ask for?

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

This is pretty and looks similiar to my colorway. I am a fairly experienced photographer with two decent digital cameras and I can say that reds and purples are the hardest colors to get true even with natural light! So even a really good camera may not solve that problem. My suggestion in looking at cameras is to go somewhere and actually hold them, see how they feel in your hands, where the buttons are etc. A camera can get great reviews but if it feels awkward in your hands, you will not feel confident to use it to get great pics!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Margaret Pittman/Heritage Yarns said...

Darinka, this does look like Theresa's colorway. Very beautiful and you have really jumped in and knitted a lot.

Being the non-techie that I am, I can't give much info about cameras except to say that I like my new Sony Cybershot. I had an older camera that used floppies, was large and I loved it but bit the dust.

Margaret

6:36 AM  
Blogger fiberfanatic said...

another suggestion might be to try to photograph it outside, under natural light. The wood is going to influence the colors your camera is seeing.

You are flying along!

It looks gorgeous! Kudos!

Mary

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home