Saturday, May 20, 2006

Ai Yi Yi!

Hello to all and thanks to the leaders for making us all so very welcome! I've decided to to join you in my first KAL. Margaret was a gem and got me my yarn and pattern quickly and when it arrived yesterday I began swatching......and swatching......and swatching....and....Well you get the very big picture. :)

Seems that while I loved the colorway and the feel of my chosen yarn, it called me to another project. So I began the search through my stash. Gosh, I tried combinations of strands and colors and needles. It's almost embarrassing in the multitude of choices tried and discarded.

Finally, late in the evening I hit upon what I thought was a good choice---two strands of laceweight, hand dyed from San Filipe (EBay purchase) in Uruguay. The color is called Stonechat and is tones of rich browns and rust. I even got into the beginning of chart B. This morning it seems that I think I need to go to smaller needles. So here I am now, cast on with even small needles and on row 6 or so of Chart A, but raring to go!

BTW---I love the yarn and color choices that so many of you have chosen. It almost takes my breath away. Thanks for sharing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Margaret Pittman/Heritage Yarns said...

Darinka, so glad you discovered the perfect yarn/color combination for your shawl. Send pictures soon!

Margaret

7:03 PM  
Blogger Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

Darinka, Welcome! I did the same as you...bought yarn for the shawl (some of Margaret's beautiful creations!) but fell in love with the idea of it for something else, so switched to an alpaca yarn spun by a friend. Good luck, this is a really neat group

Cary at Serenity Farms

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home