Friday, May 26, 2006

I'm Done!

I'm done! Whee! I was going to go for 72", and realized that the person who is the intended victim (grin) would not appreciate the extra length. So I started negotiations with myself as to how long it was going to be.


I'll post more pictures tomorrow taken in better light. As it is, here is the damp shawl on the kitchen floor.

As Intended Victim will not be blocking it, I washed it in the washing machine on delicate, and placed it out on the floor to dry. I gently lifted the ripples into place, for probably the last time in the life of the shawl. I wash this to be easy for Intended Victim to care for, not a burden. That means she is to put it down and leave it alone. No pinning, easing into shape...nothing.

Specs:
Yarn: Cloud 9 50% cotton and 50% rayon from Heritage Yarns
Color: Black and Gray in a Rainbow World
Needle: size 6 nylon circular
Size: (with ripple effect) 64" wide by 30" long

2 Comments:

Blogger Margaret Pittman/Heritage Yarns said...

Nice, Mary!

I am on the 5th repeat of Chart B in tencel. I will be a while but still enjoying it.

Margaret

10:39 PM  
Blogger Sue J. said...

Oh, so lovely, Mary. Congratulations! Can't wait to see more pics.

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home