Saturday, May 06, 2006

Through chart B finally....


I'm finally through Chart B! I was starting Row 5 of the second Chart B repeat and realized I had dropped a stitch about 4 rows back...and of course I didn't have my lifeline in yet!! I didn't have any dental floss, so I used some bright red tatting thread and put a lifeline in right before the row with the dropped stitch. Now I'm inserting a lifeline on the purl row after each YO row. I woke early this morning with my husband and had an hour to knit back to where I was last night. I must say, I really enjoy knitting first thing in the morning...so peaceful! :)

Also, out of necesity, I made myself some new stitch markers yesterday. I took a trip to A.C. Moore and picked out a couple bags of beads and some wire(which is way too thin...) What gauge should I be using to those of you who know? I am new to beading. You can view a photo of the stitch markers on my personal blog here. I will be posting the photo in just a couple minutes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Margaret Pittman/Heritage Yarns said...

Hi Amanda,

Your shawl is looking very good. I like to knit early morning too when it is very quiet with no distractions. I don't allow myself to do that much but fun when I can. And can pray along for Dale at the same time.

I couldn't find your stitch markers on your blog and would love to see them.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

Amanda, it looks just so lovely! Can't wait to see a picture of you wearing the shawl when it is finished ;)

Hugs,
Cary

2:04 AM  
Blogger fiberfanatic said...

Amanda, your stitch markers are lovely, and they go so well with your shawl! LOL Did you plan them that way? I hope you made lots and lots!

Mary

12:23 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I have lots of those beads, so as I need more for the shawl, I will make more. I also have some pretty blue seed beads that will go well!

This will be the biggest, most intense project I've ever done...but I'm going to see it through so I CAN actually wear it. I'm only too good at not finishing projects...sigh.

Amanda

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home