Saturday, May 06, 2006


Hi all,

I've entered the digital age, and am now the proud owner of an easyshare camera. I tried to post a picture and messed up, so I deleted the post. Here (I hope) is a picture of my progress to date. I've completed one repeat of chart B. I blocked it when I finished chart A, and you can sort of see the difference between the blocked and unblocked in the photo. I've made a couple of errors (migrating the reverse stocking stitch columns) because there is so much colour and texture in the yarn that it can be hard to see what's going on. I think stitch markers are in order. Anyway, here's the picture:

4 Comments:

Blogger Sue J. said...

Wow, Kate. Beautiful! Is this Cloud 9 Bird of Paradise?
Sue J.

2:38 PM  
Blogger fiberfanatic said...

Gorgeous! And stitch markers are the only way for me to retain some semblance of sanity.

Mary

3:11 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Falstaff said...

It is Cloud 9 Bird of Paradise. I love it, but I'm used to working with simpler yarn, and am having a hard time keeping track of the pattern. It's turning out to be not so simple for me (This from the woman who knit the Shetland Tea Shawl from A Gathering of Lace).

Sigh.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Falstaff said...

I think it's a 5.5mm, but I'd have to go double check. Is that a 9 in Americanspeak?? ;-)

Kate

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home