Friday, May 05, 2006

Current Progress

I realized, when I took a picture of my shawl, that once you reached a certain point, appearances are deceptive. It really needs something to show quite how far it has grown. Six inches or 12 look almost alike, really. sigh You can't tell from the pictures, but these two pictures were taken several days apart. There is much work between them. And yet, the first picture looks to be the same size as the second, because there isn't a frame of reference in it. So, this time, I used the ruler as a sign that I am knitting away! But sheesh, it does look as if the top picture has been knit more than the bottom. I'm going to confess to taking 6 pictures to get the second one. I even taped the needle straight so I could see progress.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

I love the look of the colors! And you are right, it does seem as if you can knit and knit but be spinning your wheels! It gets to be soothing after a while, though, doesn't it?

7:22 AM  
Blogger Margaret Pittman/Heritage Yarns said...

Mary, I love the way the color is moving. It will be interesting as it goes up the shawl.

9:23 AM  
Blogger fiberfanatic said...

This is Heritage Yarns' Cloud 9 Black and Grey in a Rainbow World. I thought it was going to be for me, but it told me very strongly the other day that it was going to belong to someone else. Oh well, she will like it. I hope. LOL

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home