Saturday, October 07, 2006

Two shawls in progress

Mary D and Debbie are relatively new knitters in my knitting group. They bought the pattern and are having a good time doing it. At first they both thought the pattern was beyond them, but have discovered that they CAN do it! I'm proud of them!

Debbie is knitting hers out of Webs Barrington Mohair -- the rust isn't on this page, but the yarn is magnificent! Doesn't it look good? We'll block it sternly, and the lace pattern will really sing! She wants to make the smaller shawl at this point, she doesn't want to stop at the scarf.

Mary D is using Heritage Yarns Cloud 9 in Black and Grey in a Rainbow World. She hasn't stated how big she is going to make it -- she gets distracted by her other projects. The marking rings are NOT knit in, but got caught by her lifeline. When she takes that out, they will drop off. I've done THAT!




Debbie didn't join this blog, Mary did, but insists she doesn't know how to upload photos, so I did!

2 Comments:

Blogger Margaret Pittman/Heritage Yarns said...

Congratulations to Mary D and Debbie, Mary! I finished knitting my shawl and now I need to block - along with about 5 scarves..

Margaret

7:02 AM  
Blogger fiberfanatic said...

Come on, Margaret, I want to see!

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home