Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Elegantly Simple Triangular Shawl Knitalong

Hi Everyone,

I just can't believe how fast this second shawl is coming along! I am at 18 repeats right no (been working on it for 9 days!), and I think it needs to have about 22 repeats(about 40 more rows) to make a 54" shawl for my Grandmother.

I am very lucky to still have both my Grandmothers at the age of 44. My oldest son is 22 and he has them as Great-Grandmothers...isn't that fantastic? I know she will be totally thrilled with it. Of course, then I need to make a third one for my other Grandmother too!!! I have three children at home too ages 12 (daughter), 9 (son), and 6 (son)...all from the same brood...been married for 25 years now. (That's my family--also have two pugs, a 14lb persian cat, and 2 angora rabbits)

My daughter has been admiring my shawl too! Maybe I need to make a fourth shawl? Is anyone else thinking about doing some for gifts? I never make anything for myself usually. My knitting is always a gift for someone.

Has anyone thought about shawl pins? There are some beautiful patterns for beaded broaches and some really "elegant" stuff to go with the shawl?

Thanks for all the compliments. I love the rich color too. It will go with so many things. It is the color of stitching in jeans too, and could even be worn with more casual stuff? The shawl can be dressed up or more casual. The baby alpaca is so wonderful and soft...it blocked out like a dream.

I checked in to see if anyone was talking about the next knit-a-long.

Bye for now,
Lisa in Pulaski, WI

2 Comments:

Blogger fiberfanatic said...

Lisa,

How great that your children have their great-grandmothers!

Hm, do you want to make 4 matching shawls, or would you rather make 2 different ones?

Mary

8:02 PM  
Blogger Margaret Pittman/Heritage Yarns said...

Lisa,

What an incredible gift to have your grandmothers!

Glad you are enjoying knitting the shawls and are you ever fast! I am somewhat a slow knitter with juggling weaving and dyeing but really have enjoyed this shawl (pictures coming soon, I hope).

I think you are right about your shawl going with everything. Enjoy!

Margaret

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home