Sunday, July 16, 2006

Elegantly Simple Triangular Shawl Knitalong

Close Ups to Come

Hi Everyone,
Here are two pictures of my finished shawl! I need to take some close-ups too. It took me a bit here to figure out how to post the pics.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k165/fibermaster_2006/LisasElegantShawl.jpg

http://ls88.photobucket.com/albums/k165/fibermaster_2006/?

I am really proud of it of course! I am going to try to post some pictures showing more detail of the stitches too. The shawl is so light, but very warm. It is done on size 5 needles with a sport weight baby alpaca yarn. I have knitted anything like this before.

Here is a shocker...I started another one with the same yarn for my Grandmother in a nursing home. I am going to make her a 54" shawl to match mine. I will be visiting her in November in Maine.

I took these pictures in 90+ degree weather here in steamy Wisconsin. I want to take some with a more artistic flare later! Maybe find a sleak stylish model?LOL

Lisa
Pulaski, WI

5 Comments:

Blogger Sue J. said...

Lisa,

Your shawl is beeeeeautiful!!!!! Nice job!
Sue J.
Janesville, WI

8:40 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Your shawl is beautiful! I love the color. I did mine in Cotton and would love a wool one, but don't know if I have the patience to do it again!
MJ
Chattanooga, TN

12:20 PM  
Blogger Margaret Pittman/Heritage Yarns said...

Nice job, Lisa! I know your grandmother will enjoy her matching shawl.

Margaret

7:47 PM  
Blogger fiberfanatic said...

Lisa,

Beautiful! And your grandmother will enjoy wearing hers too, and be so proud of you!

Mary

7:18 PM  
Blogger TMcCormick said...

Beautiful shawl and wonderful choice in color. I can't wait to see the next shawl you are working on.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home