Sunday, July 02, 2006

Elegantly Simple Triangular Shawl Knitalong

I finished blocking my shawl in Cloud 9 Blue Bayou today. I was surprised at how well this yarn blocked, it didn't seem like I would be able to get much out of it. I soaked it in some lavendar wool wash and then spun it in the machine. I pinned it to the corner of the bed, point at the corner, so I could control the length of the sides. Used two small fans on it for about 5-6 hours and it dried nicely. As soon as I tack down the two ends it will be in the mail to my good friend Sandy in LA.
Patrice

3 Comments:

Blogger Margaret Pittman/Heritage Yarns said...

Patrice, congratulations on finishing your shawl! Glad you like Cloue 9. Send pictures and I'll publish.

Margaret

6:49 AM  
Blogger fiberfanatic said...

Patrice,

Yay! I hope your friend loves the shawl!

Mary

2:34 PM  
Blogger Cary said...

Pictures? Will we see pictures (grin)? Would love to see it when you are all finished!

Cary at Serenity Farms

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home