Sunday, June 04, 2006

Working along

I haven't posted at all lately as I've been at fiber events the past two weekends. I have had a little knitting time. I'm now up to 18 repeats - I stretched out one repeat as it would be blocked and it measures 4" so that would mean 72" across. Can anyone help me to guesstimate the length, is there a formula. I think I will wait until I'm done to post any photos as I just don't have the room to even pin it out right now. Mine will get blocked in the great outdoors. I have done this before by laying a sheet on the ground, pinning the shawl out (with blocking wires of course) and covering with another sheet. Barring rain it is usually dry when I get home at the end of the day.

Happy Knitting
Janet

2 Comments:

Blogger fiberfanatic said...

Janet,

I'm not sure what you mean as to the formula. Can you try again, so I understand better? Sorry!

Mary

11:01 AM  
Blogger Jackie E-S said...

Hi Janet,
The length will be about 1/2 the width of the shawl. You can influence this somewhat when you block your shawl, but basically it is as simple as that.
Happy knitting, Jackie E-S

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home