Friday, June 30, 2006

Shawl knitting Comfort

Hi Everyone!
I am getting close to being finished! I had a long stint in the hospital with my 6 year old while being treated for pneumonia--3 days(he is much better now!)...I spent many hours knitting on my shawl this week while staying with him in the room. What a calming effect it has upon my nerves. I have been knitting on this since May 1st, and it has taught me so many things about myself. Even if I don't have a monetary value for this shawl, I think it has given me much more.

I was on another knitalong site and found a post by a woman that went through the struggles that have faced all of us and thought you might all enjoy reading her blog site. She finished a beautiful Flower Basket Shawl. http://stash-n-stitch.blogspot.com

I will be blocking this shawl soon. It is too awkward to take pics of right now...all bunched up on the needles. I have 28 repeats on the needles (420 stitches) and plan on doing one more 20 row repeat and perhaps another 20 rows on those stitches and then cast off. It is going to be a beauty! I am getting really excited about finishing it.
(It takes me about 1/2 hour to finish a row right now!)
Lisa
Pulaski, WI

3 Comments:

Blogger fiberfanatic said...

Lisa,

I've been there with knitting and a child in the hospital! Glad he is better! Amazing how knitting can calm us at such times.

I'm looking forward to the finished product photos!

Mary

8:56 PM  
Blogger Margaret Pittman/Heritage Yarns said...

Lisa,

Glad your little one is out of the hospital. Congratulations on getting close to the finish line.

Margaret

6:39 AM  
Blogger Cary said...

Thank you for this very heartfelt post, Lisa, I was really touched by it! Thank you, too, for the link to Sandy's blog. How is your little one doing now? Can't wait to see the shawl!!!
Cary at Serenity Farms

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home