Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Thanks



Thanks for all the kind comments. I am using a size 5 addi needle. It is a little slipperly but it is all I have and I really like the joins and cable on the addi needles. Does anyone know of a good wooden needle?
I think this is a great pattern easy to follow. I just remember there are 13 stitches between each purl two and count each section as I knit the next row to make sure I have the correct number.
The knitting goes fast in the beginning but slows down as you add more stitches. I wonder how many repeats of chart B we need to do?
Everyone's shawls are wonderful and so different.
This is really fun. It's great to share with everyone.
Nancy

3 Comments:

Blogger Sue J. said...

Nancy,
I tried Addit Turbo, Addi Bamboo and finally settled on Clover Takumi because the bamboo holds the yarn and the joining of cable to bamboo is excellent. Give it a try and see what you think. I am seriously considering getting a Denise set. Your shawl is beautiful!
Sue J.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Lark said...

I have been using Crystal Palace bamboo, but yesterday bought a Takumi bamboo needle. I have also seen the Susanne's needles in ebony and rosewood that look very interesting. I am thinking I may try them. I don't like the Addi Turbos or any synthetic needle for knitting. Too slippery for me. Your work is lovely, and the color is gorgeous!

Lark

12:40 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Addi makes a bamboo needle - I think its official name is Stahl Natura.

Kate

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home