Monday, May 01, 2006

Intro


Hi, I recently joined the KAL and have just received my yarn and pattern. Margaret was very helpful in giving me suggestions as to how to put skein of yarn into a ball form as I do not have a yarn swift. I have a wooden coat rack that my dad built years ago that worked very well. Here is a picture of it. I managed to get all of that yarn into one ball....Then I got concerned that if I took it off the ball winder that it would collapse and steady pull apart from being moved too much, so I took a plastic coffee can and put a hole in the lid and set the yarn in it, pulled the yarn through the hole and now the yarn is safe and I can move it without the worry of it becoming a squashed mess. Later tonite I will start on the shawl though I am not good at reading charts. I will wait until my daughter goes to bed so that I can concentrate...I am so happy to be knitting lace again...it has been a long time. Thanks to Mary and Margaret for the KAL and help!!!!!

Margie

1 Comments:

Blogger Margaret Pittman/Heritage Yarns said...

Oh, I love it, Margie. How inventive! (: Glad you made it and are starting to knit. I think I'll go kmit 4 rows and put in a lifeline!

Margaret

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home