Thursday, May 11, 2006

I am a day late and a dollar short!

I finally getting ready to start. I needed to finish a project that had a deadline before I could start and I finished last night . YEAH I ended up ordering two lovely colors from Margaret. Thanks for your great help and service Margaret. I am not sure which I will be doing first. I am going to wind them today. What need size are most of you using and what brand? I will proably need to go to the LYS as I have circular addi's and straight Bamboo. I have a set of Denise, but I don't want to risk cable coming loose from the needle which happened one time. :( What a mess it was! Thanks for all your great posts. I love seeing the progress.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lark said...

So you think because we have 10 whole days jump on you that we have made PROGRESS? Nope, most of us have been visiting the frog pond, or just been slow to catch the pattern, or had graduations or weddings.

Welcome!

I have been using bamboo needles, first Crystal Palace and now Takumi. others are too slippery for me.

Wishing you peaceful cast-on and happy chart reading!

Lark

11:39 AM  
Blogger Margaret Pittman/Heritage Yarns said...

Hi Sheila,

Glad you like your colors. (-: I would start with a size 7 and something in a wooden or bamboo circular. I like Takumi as the joins are smooth but you might need to straighten the cable by dunking the cable in hot water and pulling tight. The points are not as sharp as I like. If you have any problems with decreases, try Jackie's weigh-down method. It has really made a difference in my speed and tension.

Oh, and Lark is right; you're not behind. Life and frog ponds sometimes get in the way. lol

Margaret

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home