Saturday, May 06, 2006

Finally Can Post

I have finally figured out how to post to the Blog. Have started my shawl in Cloud 9 color Rainbow Irridesence. It is looking great but I am only just about to the end of one repeat of chart B. My son is getting married next Saturday and I have to get stuff together and drive to DC for the wedding this week so I'm afraid I shall fall behind on my knitting.

Please tell me what is Jackie's wonderful tip that Margaret just posted about. Somehow, I missed it. I'll try to keep up reading the Blog until I leave Wednesday, but then hope I can catch up. It may take me forever to do this.

MJ in Chattanooga

2 Comments:

Blogger Margaret Pittman/Heritage Yarns said...

MJ, I was amused when you stated that you are only just at the end of one repeat of Chart B. It took me forever to get there. (:

What speeded up the process was Jackie's tip at http://www.heartstringsfiberarts.com/newsletter66.txt . Jackie tells it so much more eloquently than I so you might want to read the whole "history" of it. But, basically when you get to the decreases, especially the right-slanting decrease, pull down on your knitting to loosen up the three stitches so that your needle slips through much easier. I was struggling as I am knitting with tencel which is somewhat slippery and my needles are not very sharp.

Margaret

6:32 AM  
Blogger fiberfanatic said...

MJ, there is no deadline on knitting this! We will be here watching you knit this! Your son's wedding is important! Sheesh! grin Go enjoy that, and come back ready to knit!

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home