Thursday, May 18, 2006

Elegantly Simple Triangular Shawl Knitalong

Small Shawl Size!

I am slowly getting there...I wanted to have a 72" shawl. This shawl is going to be very treasured after all this work! I hear you with the "frogging"--I am lucky if I get ahead a row or two a day after all the ripping out I have to do. I am doing a lot of cursing under my breath here. "Where did that stitch go?" I try to count every "15 stitch" pattern in between EVERY time now. I don't use markers, but would love to have some of those pretty ones dangle off my shawl in progress. I am using size 5 needles and sport weight baby alpaca. It has a luscious touch and will be beautiful. I haven't posted a picture yet, and will try to get on that. I thought I should post to let you all know that I am still hanging in there!
Lisa Haskell
Pulaski, WI

4 Comments:

Blogger Margaret Pittman/Heritage Yarns said...

Caution being take here too, Lisa. I am finally out of the frog pond and plan to stay that way!

I encourage you to get some markers and use them between the double purl or knit stitches. It becomes much easier to figure out where you are and where you're short a stitch.

Looking forward to seeing pictures.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

You can just use spare yarn tied in a circle for markers, you don't have to go out and buy anything.

10:51 AM  
Blogger fiberfanatic said...

Wow, no markers? I'm impressed! The markers allow me to quickly keep each column of stitches counted. To each their own!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Eve/Divine Fibers & Yarn said...

I make stitch markers and so I usually have lots on hand for project. Occasionally though I have several large project going and need more markers. Rather than stop and make more markers, I use tiny rubber bands, actually dog grooming bands that I use for keeping pony tails and braids in place on my dogs. They work really well in a pinch and I've seen similar rubber bands in hair products section in stores. I use these when knitting away from home, they don't rattle in my bag and if I lose one, it's not a big deal.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home