Thursday, April 13, 2006

Hello All

I'm really looking forward to all the learning, I'm new to blogs and to lace knitting. Hopefully I won't be too much of a pest :) I'll be knitting with some of my handspun, it's 70% alpaca 30% silk and about 18 wpi in 3ply. I haven't measured the singles. The alpaca is from Rudy and is a light latte color and the silk is some handpainted I bought that has teal, cocoa, gold and some darker blue. Thanks so much for the invitation to join the Elegantly Simple Triangular Shawl Knitalong.

Nan

3 Comments:

Blogger fiberfanatic said...

Sounds gorgeous! Do you have pictures?

4:15 PM  
Blogger Margaret Pittman/Heritage Yarns said...

Nan, I'm looking forward to it as well. Sounds like you have a beautiful yarn. I envied the spinners and Sheep to Shawl today and wish some of them would join us. I need to select the yarn I'm going to use and am considering tencel in one of the lighter colorways.

Margaret

5:13 PM  
Blogger Jackie E-S said...

The yarn you are handspinning sounds lovely. Makes me want to get my spinning wheel to turning. :) If you could take pics of your fibers and yarn to post, that would be great. I think everyone will be interested to see how your fibers transform into yarn and then into a lovely lace shawl! Jackie E-S

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home